Autumn background

05 March 2012

Where are you headed?

Do you have a purpose statement for your life?

Business leaders will confirm that without a plan and destination, your business will likely fail. If you aim for nothing, you will hit it every time.

Let’s hop over to our personal lives. At the end of your life (there will be one) as you look back, will you have gotten where you wanted to? Will you have accomplished the things you wanted to? Will you think about your time (those mere 70 to 80 years on this earth) and wonder what you did with them? I’m not trying to be a downer, not at all – in fact, I want to be an encourager.
As I am considering this question for myself- I am thinking– wow – I really have time to do something right now. But what?

Let me encourage you to take time in prayer to lay out your goals before God and ask him to direct your paths? For example:

*Do you and your spouse have a mission for your marriage? Is there a reason God put the two of you together – a common purpose?

*Is there a purpose behind raising your children? What talents and loves do you think God has created them with? What do you want for them as adults? Are you making choices for them that help to achieve those purposes?

What are the determining factors for what you say yes and what you say no to in your daily activities and plans? Or do you accept things mindlessly – aimlessly?

As I said, I am exploring these questions for my own life and finding some interesting information. I’ll just leave a few ideas for you to contemplate. Please share your thoughts with me.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest (great devotional)
“It is easier to serve or work for God without a vision and without a call, because then you are not bothered by what He requires.”

Andy Stanley, Visioneering ( I highly recommend)
“Everybody ends up somewhere in life. You can end up somewhere on purpose!”
“God’s visions for your life are the things that will give your life impact beyond this life.”

Ephesians 2:10 (greatest Book ever)
“For we are His [God’s] workmanship, created in Jesus Christ for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.”

Acts 20:24 (greatest Book ever)
“I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me.

Psalm 25:12 (greatest Book ever)
“Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He [The Lord] will instruct him in the way chosen for him.”

the Perfect-path-seeking writer

No comments: